http://inspiremusicservicehope.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/10/INSPIRE-logo-1-300x201.png 0 0 BigWilliam http://inspiremusicservicehope.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/10/INSPIRE-logo-1-300x201.png BigWilliam2013-10-28 08:00:262013-10-28 08:00:26INSPIRE Spotlight: Niki Oakes
Niki Oakes, Soprano
1. How did you hear about INSPIRE and what impact has it made on your life?
A darling girl, and old acquaintance named Annalece Boothe ran into me at a work convention where she immediately told me about Inspire and that I should join. I had been looking for something just like this in my life. After 6 years of inactivity in my faith I was needing something to continue to bring hope and joy to my life.
2. Share with us something you are passionate about?
I have always been passionate about life itself. I never hold back, I try to live every moment to its fullest, with no regrets. I love “letting my light shine”, being my best self. When I am an old woman and my life is coming to an end, I want to be able to look back and say “I truly lived!”
3. What do you do for your day job?
I currently manage the office and do the bookkeeping for a company called Let’s Play Music. We lease an incredible curriculum to teachers nationwide. This 3 year curriculum is designed for kids ages 4-9 and not only teaches basic piano skills but focuses on creating the total musician. Kids learn rhythm, play games, find a love for classical music at a young age, ear training, and even composition. I love the company dearly. It has been incredible to be able to work in my field and also be close to music. 🙂 www.letsplaymusicsite.com
4. If you could be anywhere on the planet tomorrow where would you chose?
I would be on vacation seeing the world!!! Or Disneyland…actually I’m am sitting in Disneyland right now while writing these answers haha. I love to travel and to see new things and try new food!!
5. Between food, friends, and entertainment which would you choose and why?
For me one does not exist without the others! Food for me is cultural and social. Same goes for entertainment. When I experience something I enjoy, a taste, a sight, a smell…I immediately want to find someone to share it with. Life is so much more exciting when shared with loved ones.
6. If money weren’t an issue what is the first things you would buy? I would buy a big beach house somewhere exotic! Me, a diet coke, and good book on a porch that looks out over the ocean is my ideal afternoon.