Jason Alston: Tenor
1. How did you learn about INSPIRE?
I heard about INSPIRE through a friend. Amy Honka had posted that they would be having auditions, and at the time I had not been in a choir for at least a year and was ready to be back in one. Thought when I auditioned I really didn’t know much about INSPIRE. In fact I really am not one to make impulsive desicions or jump into something without having thought about it for a while. But in this case for some reason I did, and so far it has been an amazing ride!
2. What is one of your favorite things about being in INSPIRE?
One of my favorite things about being in INSPIRE is atmosphere of all the people. Micheal and Kylee and everyone that have worked to get it to where it is today have done a phenomenal job. The spirit is present in and outside of firesides, and I immediately felt welcomed into a group of wonderful people.
3. You started your own business in myropractics and it takes a lot of work. What is one of the best things about running your own business? What is one of the hardest things? It’s been an interesting journey career wise. I’ve started my own business as a myopractor, and I truly can say that God inspired me to take this path. Among many things, one of my favorite parts about having my practice, are when patients tell me the change that they have experienced. I’ve been amazed many times.
One of the hardest things, although I enjoy learning it, is learning how to own, operate, and build a business.
4. Besides singing what else do you like to do? Besides singing, I like to dance and perform, play volleyball and Ultimate Frisbee, and basically any type of card or board game out there, particularly thinking/strategy games. I enjoy having fun in general, whether it’s with friends, siblings, or nieces and nephews.
5. Pick one of your heroes and share why you admire him/her? One of my hero’s is a great friend from high school, Aaron Butler. He has always been a great example to me. If you ask me, one of his greatest traits is humility, he is extremely talented, but he wouldn’t be the person to point it out to you. I know I can always trust Aaron’s word.
6. Name one item on your bucket list? As far as my bucket list goes, one of the things that I want to do is go para-sailing! That would be awesome!
If you want to learn more about what Jason does as a Myropractor then check out his video below!